Bob’s Gym Eighth Annual Indoor Triathlon/Duathlon
- Feb. 22, 2014
- First Wave Starts 8:00am
- New Wave begins every 15-20 minutes
- Triathlon: Swim – 15 minutes (25M pool), Transition – 10 minutes, Bike – 15 minutes (stationary bike), Transition – 5 minutes, Run – 15 minutes (treadmill)
- Duathlon: Run – 15 minutes (treadmill), Transition – 10 minutes, Bike – 15 minutes (stationary bike), Transition – 5 minutes, Run – 15 minutes (treadmill)
- Feb. 19, 2014
- Late registrations may be allowed, late entries are not eligible for advanced check-in/choice of start time; they will
be assigned to their wave. For late registration see staff at the check-in table day of event. (Participation is limited to the first 75 registrations per location).
• In addition to registration you must also check-in. You will choose your wave assignment (approximate start time) when you check-in; start time availability is “first come, first serve.” Advanced check-in opens 02/20/14, 8:00a.m. call or stop by for check-in. Day of event check-in is available, however choice of wave assignment will be limited! Check-in to the location at which you are racing. For more details please contact Severin Birchler, Severin@bobsgym.com, 812-589-0686 ext. 1922
Two Locations – One Race
You will choose the location you are participating at on your registration. Results from the duathlon locations are combined into a single event. Results from the triathlon locations are combined into a single event. (Two races, one triathlon and one duathlon).
Bob’s Gym North 8700 N. Kentucky Ave. Evansville, IN 47725
Bob’s Gym Newburgh 8120 High Pointem Dr Newburgh, IN 47630
Bob’s Gym West 200 N. Rosenberger Ave Evansville, IN 47712
Bob’s Gym East 345 Bentee Wes Ct. Evansville, IN 47715
The competitor who travels the greatest distance in a particular leg receives 100 points for that leg. All other competitors will receive a percentage of those points based on their distance traveled in that leg. Each leg of the race counts equally towards the total score. Example: John swims the furthest distance, 800 meters; John receives 100 points. Adam swims 700 meters; 700 ÷ 800 = .875 × 100 = 87.5; Adam receives 87.5 points. Swim + Bike + Run = total score (Duathlon: Run + Bike + Run = total score)
Men’s & Women’s categories in age divisions: 17 & under, 18-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-54, 55-64, 65 & over
All relay team scores are combined regardless of age and gender.
• All entry fees are non-refundable & non-transferable
Rules and Regulations:
- Swim: Swimmers must begin the race in the water with one or more body parts in contact with the starting end of the pool. Swimmers must remain in the pool for the duration of the swim. The use of any artificial propulsion and/or flotation devise is prohibited; including, but not limited to fins, hand paddles, water gloves, kickboards, pull buoys, and snorkels. With the exception of the end walls; no inanimate object (lane ropes, sides of pool, pool bottom) may be used to aid in forward progress at anytime. Failure to adhere to this regulation will result in a warning and 100 meter penalty after the first offense and disqualification after the second. (This means you can not walk or jump off of the bottom of the pool.) Swimmers must continue in the same forward direction until they have made contact with the end wall. (You can not turn around until you have completed a full pool length.) Distance covered & amount of time will be kept by event officials, all other time keeping and/or distance measurements are null & void.
- Bike: Riders must remain on the bike for the duration of the biking leg. Shoes, shirt/top and shorts/pants must be worn at all times during the biking leg. Riders may get on the bike prior to the start, but can not begin to pedal until the start signal is given. Late arrival for the start of this leg will result in a penalty of time lost. Distance covered & amount of time will be kept by event officials, all other time keeping and/or distance measurements are null & void.
- Run: Runners must remain on the treadmill for the duration of the run. Shoes, shirt, and shorts/pants must be worn at all times during the running leg. Runners may get on the treadmill prior to the start, but can not begin running until the start signal is given. Late arrival for the start of this leg will result in a penalty of time lost. Distance covered & amount of time will be kept by event officials, all other time keeping and/or distance measurements are null & void.
- Transitions: All changing of clothes must take place inside the locker rooms. Participants must not attempt to disrupt or impede the transition of another competitor in any way. Failure to appear to the next leg of the race within the transition time limits will result in a penalty of time lost for that leg. Failure to appear to any one or more legs of the race will result in disqualification. All participants must conduct themselves within the guidelines of “good sportsmanship” and in accordance with the rules and regulations listed above. Competitors must follow any and all instructions given by event officials. Except where an alternative penalty is listed; any violations will result in disqualification. Any and all judgments/rulings made by event officials are final and may not be disputed.